||Winemaker's Tasting Notes
Lizard Flat - Chardonnay
2006 Was a very even vintage in South Australia. The season’s harvest was gradual without the usual hot burst of weather. The resultant wines are very tight and have strong varietal characters.
The chardonnay displays peach, melon and tropical fruit which attract attention. The palate is creamy, flavoursome and long. Very enjoyable length and finish.
Awards and Reviews
- Lizard Flat 2006 Chardonnay – Gold Medal
- New World Wine Economy Class
- Wine-Fest Wine Awards – NFFLC 2009
- Wine Spectator - “Top Australian White Wines”
- December 2007
• Wine Spectator - “Top 250 Wines under $20”
- October 2007
- Wine Spectator - Best Value, 88 Points
- Wine Spectator Sips & Tips – “Value of The Week”
- 30th April 07